RTA’s India Birdsong Named to Board of Directors
CLEVELAND: United Way of Greater Cleveland today announced the results of its annual elections and named India Birdsong to its Board of Directors.
Birdsong is CEO and general manager of the Greater Cleveland’s Regional Transit Authority. She has extensive experience planning and maintaining transportation services in regions with diverse socio-economic factors and serves as board advisor for the Council of Minority Transportation Officials and holds a master’s in urban planning from University of Illinois at Chicago.
“We’re thrilled to welcome India to United Way of Greater Cleveland’s Board of Directors,” said Augie Napoli, president and CEO of United Way of Greater Cleveland. “India brings an advanced skillset in executing complex, multi-stage plans as well as tactical experience providing critical services to people in need.”
Other announcements include the reelection of Board Chair Paul Dolan, chairman and CEO of the Cleveland Indians. United Way of Greater Cleveland’s Board of Directors also includes:
- Ira C. Kaplan, executive chairman, Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP and vice chair at United Way
- Gregory L. Stefani, first vice president and COO, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and treasurer at United Way
- Victor Ruiz, executive director, Esperanza Inc. and secretary at United Way
- William F. Lacey, president and CEO of GE Lighting, a Savant company and Assistant Secretary at United Way
United Way’s board leadership also includes the following committee chairs:
- Keith J. Libman, partner at Bober Markey Fedorovich & Co., Audit Committee
- Felton Thomas, Jr., executive director at Cleveland Public Library, Community Impact Committee
- Gregory L. Stefani, Finance Committee
- James A. Ratner, partner at RMS Investment Group, Governance and Nominating Committee
- George A. Sample, human resources business partner manager at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Human Resources Committee
- Dee Bagwell Haslam, owner at Cleveland Browns, Marketing and Brand Strategy Committee
- Sonali B. Wilson, Esq., general counsel at Cleveland State University, Public Policy Committee
- Patrick M. Pastore, regional president of Cleveland at PNC, Resource Development Committee
“I’m pleased at the new and renewed commitments of our Board of Directors at United Way of Greater Cleveland,” said Dolan. “This is a critical time for United Way to lead, partner and make strategic investments in our community that address both the immediate and long-term needs of Greater Clevelanders.”
As part of today’s elections, Logan Broadbent, vice president of Sales at PPG Services, a division of PPG Industries, was appointed to represent United Way of Greater Cleveland’s Young Leaders on the Board.