My Company’s United Way campaign has closed. How do I cancel or adjust my payroll pledge?
After a company campaign closes, United Way does not have the ability to cancel or adjust payroll deduction pledges. Please contact your company’s Payroll Administrator to request any required changes to your deductions. United Way does not have access to your company’s payroll system.
How Get a refund for a gift made by credit card?
Please contact your United Way representative for assistance with a credit card refund. Their contact information is located at the bottom of your employee giving website.
What payment options are available?
There are a variety of ways to pay your pledge. Please be sure to click the “Specify My Gift” box to view all options made available by your company. Options will vary based on your company policies.
|Payment Method||Frequency Options|
|Payroll Deduction||From every paycheck Divided equally across # of paychecks|
|Credit Card||Monthly | Quarterly | Only once|
|Bank Transfer /E-Check||Monthly | Quarterly | Only once|
|Bill Me||Only once|
|Check or Cash||Only once|
How do I make a stock payment?
You may donate stock to United Way through UBS Financial Services. Full instructions are provided in a downloadable document you may share with your financial advisor.
How will I receive my receipt?
Thank you for your contribution. You will receive a confirmation via email shortly after submitting your pledge. This confirmation is automatically generated. If you have not received a confirmation, please check your spam or junk folder before reaching out to your United Way representative for assistance.
I would like to resend my receipt?
If your campaign is still open and you have given this campaign year, simply log back into your account. A popup with instructions to resend your receipt will be on the donation page. If your campaign has closed, please contact your United Way representative for assistance.
How do I find my pledge amount and designations from last year?
Thank you for your support. Please refer to your emailed donation receipt from the prior year to see your donation amount, payment method, and designations. (If your company offers rollover payroll pledges, you may also see your designations when you log in, under Edit My Gift.) You may also reach out to your United Way representative for assistance.
How do I designate my gift?
- After logging into the donation platform, please click the Specify My Gift button. Please note the Confirm & Continue or pointer finger buttons at the bottom of each page for moving between stages.
- Select your donation amount and payment type from the options available.
- There are a few options on how to direct your donation:
- Invest in the area of greatest need by contributing to your local United Way
- Focus Area: Give to the predefined impact areas at your local United Way
- Another Nonprofit: Give to a single nonprofit
- Another United Way: Give to a United Way other than your local United Way
- Split My Donation: Give to multiple non-profit agencies and/or United Ways.
- Follow the prompts on each page to indicate the organization you are giving to. Try typing the name of your organization to bring up a drop-down menu of preloaded selections. If you do not see what your preferred organization, click “Don’t see what you’re looking for?” to bring up a write-in box. Type in the name and address of your preferred organization.
- After making your selections, click the confirm & continue button to proceed to the Contact Information page.
- Update your contact information then click Confirm & Continue.
- Review your donation selections. Click the pointer finger to go back to previous screens if you would like to make any changes.
- Click Submit My Donation to end the pledging process. You will receive a receipt via email.
How do I send United Way my Check?
Checks should be forwarded to your local United Way. Please contact your company campaign coordinator for specific instructions. Checks should include your company’s name in the memo line.
I am unable to log in. How do I reset my password?
Here are a few tips to log in:
- Carefully read the instructions in your campaign invitation email. Log-in instructions are determined by your organization’s preferences.
- If copying and pasting your password, please make sure no extra spaces have been included before or after the text.
- Click the “Forgot Password” text and follow the prompts for a new password to be emailed to you.
- If all else fails, contact your United Way representative for assistance.
What is a rollover pledge?
Your organization may allow payroll donations to “rollover” year to year. If that is the case, no further action is needed, and your pledge has already been counted. If you would care to change your pledge selections (amount or agency designations), please simply log in to the donation platform and submit a new pledge. You will need to opt back in for your company’s rollover program after making a change.
What is United Way’s Designation Policy?
Please see United Way of Greater Cleveland’s official designation policy on our website: https://campaign.unitedwaycleveland.org/designation-policy
SSO and Logging Out
If you have logged on through Single Sign-On (typically your organization’s email and password), please do not forget to log off after completing your pledge on shared computers. This is to safeguard others from accidentally making a donation on your account.
I am having difficulty loading the site
The donation platform is not compatible with Internet Explorer, as this browser is no longer supported by Microsoft Corporation. Please ensure that you are using a browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still encounter an error, please reach out to your United Way representative for assistance.
What is the difference between the “Give to Greatest Need” & “Specify Your Gift” buttons?
The “Give to Greatest Need” button is the quickest way to give and provides holistic support to your community. Payroll deduction is the only payment option, and your local United Way is the default designation.
If you would like more payment options and/or to direct your gift to particular agencies or local United Ways, please select the Specify Your Gift button.