What goes into your health?

You're not just what you eat, you're also where you live, what you do and how safe you feel.

Only 20% of the things that keep someone healthy are within the health care system. The other 80% -- socioeconomic factors, physical environment and health behaviors -- happen beyond doctor's offices, clinics and pharmacies.

Source(s):

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention